Tuesday, August 7, 2007

o.n. again...

Stella woke up early the next day. She sat up and yawned, stretching and rubbing her eyes before getting up completely, and walked into her sitting room.
“Hey, morning, Sian. Sleep well that night? I certainly did.” Sian opened her eyes to narrow slits and lazily wagged her tail, stopping after three seconds.
“Hello, lazybones! It’s time for breakfast. Or aren’t you hungry today?” She received a glare in return that she knew from all the years living with Sian to interpret as the equivalent to an arched eyebrow. Of course I’m hungry, just what do you think? Have you ever heard about something called ‘breakfast in bed’?
“Sure, I’ll get my tray and then I will immediately be of service to thou, ma’am.” Stella said, ironically. “You know, if you were six years older, with arthritis and all the other little signs of age, then I’d be happy to bring you your meals. But last time I checked – which was yesterday, by the way - you were still young enough to be able to lift your thirty kilos and go fetch it yourself.” With a bright smile, she sat down and drank her orange juice while skimming through her newspapers.

No comments: